The PIC16F628A microcontroller is an 18-pin microcontroller with 8-bit PIC Architecture. The controller has an in-built internal oscillator with 4MHz frequency and 128 bytes of EEPROM data. It has enhanced core features, an eight-level deep stack, and multiple internal and external interrupt sources. The separate instruction and data buses of the Harvard architecture allow a 14-bit wide instruction word with the separate 8-bit wide data. The two-stage instruction pipeline allows all instructions to execute in a single cycle, except for program branches (which require two cycles). A total of 35 instructions (reduced instruction set) are available, complemented by a large register set.
It has an operating voltage from 2V to 5.5V hence suitable for low voltage applications. It has two 8-bit timers and one 16-bit timer and 2 comparators. It also has a CCP module enabling compare, capture and PWM operations. It supports UART communication while I2C and SPI are not supported.
PIC16F628A microcontrollers typically achieve a 2:1 code compression and a 4:1 speed improvement over other 8-bit microcontrollers in their class. PIC16F628A devices have integrated features to reduce external components, thus reducing system cost, enhancing system reliability and reducing power consumption.
PIC16F628A features, Specification:
- 16 I/O pins with individual direction control
- High current sink/source for direct LED drive
- Analog comparator module with:
- Two analog comparators
- Programmable on-chip voltage reference (VREF) module
- Selectable internal or external reference
- Comparator outputs are externally accessible
- Timer0: 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit programmable prescaler
- Timer1: 16-bit timer/counter with external crystal/ clock capability
- Timer2: 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit period register, prescaler and postscaler
- Capture, Compare, PWM module:
- 16-bit Capture/Compare
- 10-bit PWM
- Addressable Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter USART/S
- Program Memory Type Flash
- Program Memory Size (KB) 3.5
- CPU Speed (MIPS/DMIPS) 5
- SRAM (B). 224
- Temperature Range (°C) -40 to 125
- Operating Voltage Range (V) 2V to 5.5V
- Pin Count 18
- Timers 2 x 8-bit, 1×16-bit
- Data EEPROM/HEF (bytes) 128
- Digital Communication Peripherals 1-UART
- Capture/Compare/PWM Peripherals 1 Input Capture, 1 CCP
- Small Embedded hardware
- PC to MCU communication
- Data processing
- Small Industrial Embedded devices
PIC16F628A Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on PIC16F628A:
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Damaged During ShipmentIf you receive a product damaged during shipment, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by the proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders above 500. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 80 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 30 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 500 for COD orders.