The DS3231 RTC module is a low-cost real-time clock that is commonly used with microcontrollers to keep track of real-world Date and Time. The module consists of two important ICs namely DS3231 and AT24C32 IC with a crystal oscillator, and a temperature sensor. The Time, Date and Temperature value from the module can be sent to a microcontroller like Arduino via I2C communication.
The AT24C32 IC present on the module has 32KB EEPROM which can be used to save the data even after a power off. The module uses the RTC IC DS3231 as a timekeeping device. The module calculates and maintains the time as seconds, minutes, hours, days, date, month, and year. If the days present in a month is less than the 31 days, the data will automatically be adjusted.
The module also incorporates a lithium cell, to provide power supply during power down. Normally module uses an external power supply but when there is no external power supply available, the module switches to use the onboard battery. This helps the module to keep track of the time and maintain accuracy even when the module is not in use. The clock operates in either 24 hours or 12 hrs format with AM and PM indications. Along with time and data calculation, the module can also be used to generate a square wave output of 1Hz frequency. battery.
Specifications of the DS3231 RTC module:
- Operating voltage ranges from 3.3V to 5.5V
- Consumes only 500nA on battery backup
- I2C interface (maximum transferrable speed is 400KHz @ 5V supply voltage)
- Highly Accurate RTC Completely manages All Timekeeping Functions
- Low power Operations Extends battery-Backup Run Time
- Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal
- Digital temperature sensor with ±3ºC accuracy
- CR2032 battery backup with two to three year life
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.
Quality is good and works well with arduino uno without any error but price are little high without coin cell.