3-5 Days Delivery
Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 6.30 PM
On all prepaid orders
Cash On Delivery
COD available on all orders
CD4040 is ripple-carry binary counters that features 12 stage, push-pull type, balanced outputs, with standard speed (tpd > 50ns). All counter stages are master-slave flip-flops. Supports wide input voltage ranges from 3V to 18V. The maximum input current at 18V is 1 uA whereas 100 nA at 18V and 25°C.
All counter stages are master-slave flip-flops. The state of a counter advances one count on the negative transition of each input pulse; a high level on the RESET line resets the counter to its all zeros state. Schmitt trigger action on the input-pulse line permits unlimited rise and fall times. All inputs and outputs are buffered. 16 Pin DIP available in hermetic dual-in-line ceramic package.
We also have CD4020 with similar features. The differences are CD4020 is a 14 Stage binary counter whereas CD4040 is a 12 Stage binary counter and there is a difference between the pin layout.
CD4040 features, specification
- Medium-speed operation
- Fully static operation
- Buffered inputs and outputs
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- Fully static operation
- Common reset
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (over full package-temperature range):
- 1 V at VDD = 5 V
- 2 V at VDD = 10 V
- 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- VCC (Min) (V) - 3
- VCC (Max) (V) - 18
- Bits (#) - 12
- Voltage (Nom) (V) - 5, 10, 15
- F @ nom voltage (Max) (MHz) - 8
- ICC @ nom voltage (Max) (mA) - 0.03
- tpd @ nom Voltage (Max)(ns) - 160
- IOL (Max) (mA) - 1.5
- IOH (Max) (mA) - -1.5
- Function - Counter
- Type - Binary
- Operating temperature range (C) -55 to 125
- Control Counters
- Frequency Dividers
- Time-Delay Circuits
CD4040 Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on CD4040:
CD4040 Binary counter with DS1307
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Damaged During ShipmentIf you receive a product damaged during shipment, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by the proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 80 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 30 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at email@example.com for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.