MQ7 Gas sensor is another one of Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) type Gas Sensor of MQ Gas Sensors family involving MQ 2, MQ 4, MQ 3, MQ 8, MQ 135, etc. It is mainly used to detect Carbon Monoxide. This sensor contains a sensing element, mainly aluminum-oxide based ceramic, coated with Tin dioxide (SnO2), enclosed in a stainless-steel mesh. Whenever CO gas comes into contact with the sensing element, the resistivity of the element changes. The change is then measured to get the concentration of the gases present. The MQ7 Sensor has a small heating element present which is needed to preheat the sensor to get it in the working window. It can detect Carbon Monoxide Gas in the range of 20 PPM to 2000 PPM in the air. It finds uses in Alarm application in case of CO gas concentration build-up in the home or your car as CO is a very harmful gas and can kill a person if present over 300PPM.
- Operating Voltage is +5V
- Can be used to Measure or detect CO
- Analog output voltage: 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V or 5V
- Stable, Long life and Low Cost
- Fast Response time
- Heater consumption about 350mW
- The Sensitivity of Digital Output pin can be varied using the potentiometer
To use the Sensor Module, you have power the device with 5V supply and the Power LED will start to glow. To power it, you can use external supply or connect +5V and GND pin of Arduino. You should give it some preheating time before start reading the output. While measuring the gas present, the Output LED will glow in a specific concentration of the gas. You can change it by using the potentiometer. Else you can also use the Analog Output to see how your program reacts to different concentrations of gases present.
Arduino Project Involving MQ-7 CO gas Sensor
1×MQ-7 CO Gas Sensor Module
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.