In most of the IoT devices and Battery Management Systems, measuring how much current is flowing in the circuit is paramount. It decides the capacity of the battery to be used and predict the run time of the battery pack. It is also crucial in the design of safety systems or any circuit to ensure the correct rating of the components is selected. The ACS712-5A Current Sensor Module is a Hall Effect based sensor module to determine the current flowing in a given line. It can measure both AC and DC current up to 5A in both directions. Its output when no current is flowing through it is 2.5V and its scale factor is 185mV/A i.e. if 2A current is flowing through it, then its output will be 2.87V.
The output becomes zero if the max 5A current flows in the reverse direction and if 5A flows in the forward direction, the output will tend to 5V. It also provides isolation from the load as it is Hall Effect Based sensor, so you don’t need to worry about putting an extra load in the circuit to measure current. You should select the current sensor module according to the maximum current you want to measure. You can also check the 20A Current Sensor and 30A Current Sensor.
- 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- 5.0 V, single-supply operation
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis
- Analog Output so can be easily connected to any Microcontroller
To connect ACS712 Current Measuring Module, you need to first power it with a 5V power supply either from a battery or your controller like Arduino. Connect the sensor in series with the line carrying the current you want to measure. The output of this module is Analog, so you need to connect to ADC pins of the controller. Read the voltage and convert it into the current by using the formula.
ACS712 Current Sensor Module Datasheet
Digital Ammeter with a PIC Microcontroller
1×ACS712-5A Current Sensor Module
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.