The TL431 is a three-terminal adjustable shunt regulator that is widely used in Electronics. As this is a three terminal device and looks exactly like a transistor, it also requires less PCB space. It has three pins, Anode, Cathode and Reference pin. For accurate shunt stability the current into the cathode pin must remain >1mA. The Reference pin or Adjust pin is used to set the reference voltage using voltage dividers.
Advantages of TL431 over the Zener diode is that the output voltage can be set to any value between its reference voltage (approximately 2.5 V) to maximum of 36 V and requires only two external resistors. Active output circuitry is another advantage that provides a very sharp turn-on characteristic where the Zener diodes fail in many applications, for example - onboard regulation, adjustable power supplies, and switching power supplies.
In a nutshell, TL431 can be used as a single voltage reference, error amplifier, voltage clamper comparator with integrated reference.
1x TL431A Programmable Shunt Regulator
- Adjustable output voltage VREF (2.5V) - 36V
- Operation From −40°C to 125°C
- 0.2-Ω Typical Output Impedance
- Sink-CurrentCapability:1 mA to 100 mA
- Zener DIODE Replacement
- Adjustable Voltage and Current Referencing
- Secondary Side Regulation in Fly-back SMPS
- Voltage Monitoring
- As a reference voltage generator
TL431 Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on TL431:
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Damaged During ShipmentIf you receive a product damaged during shipment, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by the proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders above 500. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 80 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 30 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 500 for COD orders.