MQ6 Gas sensor is a Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) type Gas Sensor mainly used to detect the LPG and Butane gas concentration in the air either at home or in industry. This sensor contains a sensing element, mainly aluminum-oxide based ceramic, coated with Tin dioxide, enclosed in a stainless-steel mesh. Whenever gas comes into contact with the sensing element, the resistivity of the element changes. The change is then measured to get the concentration of the gases present. Its sensing range is very suitable for gas leak detection in homes and places like hotels, restaurants where cooking is done using LPG cylinders. The combustion of LPG is highly exothermal means it will release a vast amount of heat if ignited which when used in controlled way is beneficial but if an accident occurs it will be devastating. It can be used in automobiles which are CNG powered, homes, restaurants to detect LPG gas leak.
- Operating Voltage is +5V
- Can be used to detect LPG or Butane gas
- Analog output voltage: 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V or 5V (TTL Logic)
- Preheat duration 20 seconds
- Can be used as a Digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
To use this Sensor Module, you have power the device with 5V supply and the Power LED will start to glow. You should give it some time for its pre heating period before start reading the output. While measuring the gas present, the Output LED will glow in a specific concentration of the gas. You can change it by using the potentiometer. Else you can also use the Analog Output to see how your program react to different concentration of gases present.
1×MQ6 Gas Sensor Module
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.