The LM3914 is a display driver IC, it can control upto 10 LEDs so commonly used with 5x5 Dot Matrix displays or the 10-segment LED bar displays. It controls a BAR or DOT LED display by turning on and off depending on voltage levels and provides a linear analog display. These ICs can be cascaded to control upto 100 LEDs. The device does not require any programming or microcontroller and also eliminates the use of external resistors and other components
The internal reference voltage for the LM3914 IC can be set from 1.2V to 12V and the output current can be programmed to be from 2mA to 30mA according to the LED that is being driven. This IC features its own reference voltage and accurate 10-step voltage divider.
LM3914 Features and Specifications
- Drives 10 bar/dot LED display without a controller
- User can externally select bar and display mode
- Can be cascaded
- Current regulated LED driver output
- No multiplex switching or interaction between outputs
- Compatible with both TTL and CMOS logic
- Single voltage supply
- Operating voltage : 3V to 18V
- Maximum supply voltage : 25V
- Analog input voltage range : 1.2V to 12V
- Input bias current : 25nA to 100nA
- Reference load current ( maximum) : 10mA
- Power dissipation : 1365mW
- Storage temperature : -55℃ to 150℃
- Dot matrix display
- Bar type display driver
- UI based hardware applications
- LED driver
LM3914 Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on LM3914:
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.