The DS1307 is a real-time clock (RTC) IC that is available in an 8 pin DIP package. It transfers data serially via I2C bidirectional protocol. It is a low power, full binary coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar with 56bytes of NVRAM. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year information. The end of the month date is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days including leap year compensation valid up to 2100. The clock operates in either 24 hours or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator.
It has a supply voltage range from 4.5V to 5.5V, active supply current of 1.5mA and standby current of 200µA. It has a built-in power sense circuit that detects power failures and automatically switches to backup supply. Timekeeping continues while the device operates from the backup supply such as the coin cell battery. However, you can additionally use a coin cell battery holder for this.
DS1307 features, specification
- It's a full binary coded decimal clock.
- Address and data are transferable via microcontroller unit.
- Operating temperature ranges from -40°C to 85°C
- Automatic power fails to detect and switch circuitry making time keeping continuous
- Timekeeping current as low as 300nA
- Completely manages all time keeping functions without mcu intervention.
- 56byte, battery backed, general purpose RAM with unlimited writes.
- A programmable square wave output signal for clock sequence.
- Simple serial port interfaces to most microcontrollers, I2C specified.
- Low power operation extends battery backup runtime.
- Consumes less than 500nA in battery backup mode with oscillator running.
- Package/Case : PDIP-8
- Minimum Supply Voltage (V) : 4.5
- Maximum Supply Voltage (V) : 5.5
- Operating Temperature Range (°C) : 0 to 70
- Communication : I2C
- Pin capacitance on I2C load line : 10 pF
- Mounting Type : Through Hole
- RTC Memory Size : 56 B
- Date and Time Format : YY-MM-DD | HH:MM:SS
- Real time clock
- Time keeping
- Digital calendar
- Storage for time and Date
- Clocks without GPS
DS1307 Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on DS1307:
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Damaged During ShipmentIf you receive a product damaged during shipment, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by the proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders above 500. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 80 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 30 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 500 for COD orders.