In modern days Microcontroller comes with Analog to Digital converter but there are few instances where these peripheral supports are not available. One classic example is the 8051 series microcontroller units. In such cases, ADC0809 could provide an 8-bit Analog to digital interface that can be very useful. It is also used with the Raspberry Pi as well.
The ADC0809 data acquisition component is based on the monolithic CMOS with an 8-bit analog-to-digital converter, 8-channel multiplexer and microprocessor compatible control logic. These 0809 converters feature a high impedance chopper stabilized comparator, a 256R voltage divider with analog switch tree and a successive approximation register. The 8-channel multiplexer can directly access any of 8-single-ended analog signals.
Input ranges from 0V to the input Vcc, could run through a single supply with 5V, has very low power operations limited to 15mW and the conversion Time is as fast as 100us.
ADC0809 features, specification
- This is an 8-bit analog-to-digital converter.
- It is very easy to Interface to All Microprocessors
- No Zero or Full-Scale Adjust Required for the operation
- It has 8-Channel Multiplexer with Address Logic
- Supports 0V to VCC Input Range
- Outputs meet TTL Voltage Level Specifications
- ADC0809 Equivalent to MM74C949-1
- Resolution (Bits) 8
- Sample rate (Max) (kSPS) 10
- Number of input channels 8
- Interface Parallel
- Operating temperature range ( C ) -40 to 85
- Package Group PLCC | 28
- Power consumption (Typ) (mW) 15
- Architecture SAR
- Input type Single-Ended
- Multi-channel configuration Multiplexed
- Input range (Max) (V) 6
- Input range (Min) (V) 0
- Analog voltage AVDD (Min) (V) 4.5
- Analog voltage AVDD (Max) (V) 6
- Digital supply (Min) (V) 4.5
- Digital supply (Max) (V) 6
- INL (Max) (+/-LSB) 1.25
- Can be used with any mcu for A/D conversion
- Sensor integrations
- Raspberry pi A/D conversion
- Can be used with 8051 mcu units
- Parallel multiplexed conversion
ADC0809 Dimension and footprint:
Example Projects on ADC0809:
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Damaged During ShipmentIf you receive a product damaged during shipment, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by the proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders above 500. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 80 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 30 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at email@example.com for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 500 for COD orders.