The 2N3904 NPN BJT is a general-purpose transistor we employ mostly in Switching operations. It has a high DC Current Gain of 300 and the maximum current that can flow through the collector pin is 200mA. The maximum base current it can take is 5mA and in a fully saturated state, you can connect a load up to 200mA to this transistor. In Saturation Region, the typical voltage allowed across the Collector-Emitter (VCE) or Collector-Base (VCB) could be 40V and 60V respectively. In the cut-off region, the voltage across the base-emitter junction is 600mV. Its applications include driver modules like relay module, LED module, commonly used in TV and other appliances.
- Bi-Polar NPN Transistor
- Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE) is 300
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 200mA
- Base- Emitter Voltage (VBE) is 6V
- Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE) is 40V
- Collector-Base Voltage (VCB) is 60V
- Available in To-92 Package
As discussed above, it can be used as a switch if operated in the cutoff and saturation region. It can also act as an Amplifier when operating in an Active region. It can amplify power voltage and current in different configurations but common emitter configuration is most common. You can check out other NPN transistor 2N2222 NPN transistor, BC547 NPN transistor, etc.
Arduino based project involving 2N3904 NPN BJT
1×2N3904 NPN General Purpose Transistor
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.