The GT521F32 Fingerprint Sensor Module is made to be compatible for hobbyists projects and rapid prototyping. It is a small embedded module that consists of an optical sensor mounted on a small circuit board. The optical sensor scans the fingerprint, and these scans are processed by an onboard 32-bit microcontroller. You can also check out the GT511C3 Fingerprint sensor for a cheaper alternative.
This module is the low cost version of the GT-521F52 and has a memory up to 200 different fingerprints that can be stored and retrieved. This module uses UART interface to communicate with the system controller and It is capable of 360° fingerprint recognition using the download or upload templates.
Not only this, the GT-521Fxx series provides 450dpi resolution, with a very low false acceptance rate of <0.001% and a false rejection rate as low as <0.1%. It takes only less than 1.5 seconds to identify a unique fingerprint!
The onboard JST-SH connector has four signals:
- Pin 1: Power VCC(+) (3.3VDC to 6VDC )
- Pin 2: Ground
- Pin 3: Tx
- Pin 4: Rx
The below image is showing the pinout of the GT521F32 sensor. Connect 3.3-6V in the VCC (+) pin and ground on the GND(-) pin of the JST connector. Connect the Rx pin which is a UART Rx pin of the sensor module with a microcontroller Tx pin. By the same way, connect the Tx pin with the microcontroller Rx pin. Use the referenced library that is given below of this page for interfacing the sensor with the microcontroller unit. The default baud rate is 9600 bps.
GT521F32 Fingerprint Sensor Module Specifications:
- High-Speed, High-Accuracy.
- Module Store Upto 200 different Fingerprints.
- Capable of 1:1 Verification and 1:N Identification
- Fingerprint Identification Using Smack Finger 3.0 Algorithm.
- Default Baud Rate After Power On: 9600 bps.
- Size of Template: 496 Bytes.
- JST-SH Connector has Four Signals: Vcc, GND, Tx, Rx.
- Fingerprints with an on-Board Optical Sensor & 32-bit CPU.
- Maximum No. of Fingerprints: C3: 200 Sets.
- Access control
- Security products
- Identification and convenience applications
Biometric security system using Fingerprint sensor and Arduino
Fingerprint sensor interfacing with Raspberry Pi
Due to the type of products we sell, we accept limited returns. Below are the conditions where we can accept a return request.
1. Manufacturing DefectIf you receive a product with a manufacturing defect, please notify us within the 3 days of you receive the product, supported by proper pictures and description. Once our support team accept the return, we will provide a replacement or a complete refund including the return shipping cost. Please note that if your item is already soldered or modified in manner we will not be able to take it under return.
2. Wrong Item Shipped
If your item looks different from what is shown in the image on our website, we will take the item back and provide a refund or replacement as per your choice.
Limitation of ReturnsWe don't accept the returns for the products damanged by improper use of the product. Moreover we don't accept the return, if the ordered product is not fit for any specific application. Please read the product specifications and datasheet before selecting and ordering a product. Returns are accepted only with 3 days from the date of delivery.
We ship to all over India with free shipping on all prepaid orders. For Cash on Delivery orders INR 70 will be charged for orders below INR 599 and INR 20 will be charged for the orders above 599. Please contact to our support team at email@example.com for any question related to shipping.
Please note that the Minimum Order Value is INR 200 for both prepaid and COD orders.